40-Input, 25-Bus Digital Mixing Console with 32 Programmable Midas Preamps, 25 Motorized Faders, Channel LCD’s, 32-Channel Audio Interface and iPad/iPhone Remote Control
The BEHRINGER X32 has changed the game by completely rethinking what is possible from a digital mixer – and hundreds of thousands of users are enjoying the results. A fluid workflow coupled with a fully interactive user interface ensures immediate familiarity and instills confidence. Advanced engineering and meticulous design deliver stellar sonic performance at an extremely affordable price – changing the game entirely.
Three companies shared a common vision – to engineer and build the very best- sounding, technically-advanced audio products for discerning professionals. The X32 Digital Mixer family is the result of the engineering, manufacturing and application expertise of legendary console manufacturer MIDAS, the iconic signal processing genius of KLARK TEKNIK and BEHRINGER’s unique ability to deliver a superior value proposition.
The synergy between these three great companies runs deep in the X32. From the pristine, MIDAS -designed mic preamps to KLARK TEKNIK’s rock-solid, ultra-low latency SuperMAC networking technology and BEHRINGER’s completely re-engineered processing algorithms, X32 raises the bar on what a digital mixer can be. A singular passion for delivering advanced technology, unrivalled usability and true road-worthiness has enabled us to engineer a digital console that is the ideal vehicle for your creative expression. But we’re just getting started!
- 40-input channel, 25-bus digital mixing console for Studio and Live application
- 32 Midas-designed, fully programmable mic preamps for audiophile sound quality
- 25 Fully automated motorized 100 mm faders allow for instant overview, powerful scene management and DAW control
- 16 XLR outputs plus 6 additional line in/outputs, 2 phones connectors and a talkback section with integrated or external mic
- Individual and dynamic LCD Scribble Strips on all channels and buses creating easy assignment and intuitive channel distinction
- 32 x 32 channel USB 2.0 audio interface, with DAW remote control emulating HUI* and Mackie Control*
- iPad* and iPhone* apps for professional remote operation available free of charge—no host PC required
- High-resolution 7″ day-viewable Color TFT for easy viewing of workflow components and parameters
- Main LCR, 6 matrix buses and 16 mix buses each featuring inserts, 6-band parametric EQ’s and full dynamics processing, plus 8 DCA and 6 mute groups
- Virtual FX rack featuring 8 true-stereo FX slots include high-end simulations such as Lexicon 480L* and PCM70*, EMT250* and Quantec QRS* etc.
- 40-Bit floating-point DSP features “unlimited” dynamic range with no internal overload and near-zero overall latency (0.8 msec)
- Powerful scene management for convenient handling of complex productions
- 48-channel Digital Snake ready* via AES50 ports, featuring Klark Teknik’s SuperMAC networking capability for ultra-low jitter and latency
- USB type-A connector providing file storage and uncompressed stereo recordings plus show presets and system updates
- Dedicated and easy-to-use channel strip section with direct access controls and graphic user interface for intuitive workflow
- Additional user-definable control section allows for on-the-fly adjustments of your favorite parameters
- ULTRANET connectivity for Behringer’s P-16 Personal Monitoring System* plus AES/EBU stereo digital output and MIDI
- Networked remote control for show setups with on-screen software editor via Ethernet
- Built-in expansion port for audio interface cards or digital networking bridges
- Future firmware updates, incl. new FX “Plug Ins”, downloadable from behringer.com free of charge
- 3-Year Warranty Program
- Designed and engineered in Germany
Enhanced Workflow & Multi-Channel Networking
With the introduction of our new X32 version 2.0 firmware, we have not only dramatically enhanced the workflow, but also added all-new capabilities including “Acoustic Integration” for total connectivity and control of your speaker and In-Ear Monitor (IEM) systems. Then we completely re-imagined the more than 50 onboard FX “Plug-Ins” and added classic processor examples based on “True Physical Modelling”. We’ve also made the X32 even more flexible, with swappable expansion cards for connecting to other multi-channel audio networking via USB, ADAT, MADI and Dante protocols, in addition to the onboard ULTRANET and AES50 connectivity. Above all, the X32 puts the power of digital in your hands – without compromise.
X32 serves the user a full complement of 25 long-throw, 100 mm motorized servo faders for primary mix control. Working in concert with the LCD Scribble Strips and TFT Display, the faders serve multiple functions while always keeping you informed. Separate fader sections for inputs and groups/buses allow for convenient assignments from inputs to groups/buses. With the ability to store up to 100 scenes, X32’s motorized faders jump to life the moment a scene is recalled.
7″ Main Display
X32’s 7″ day-viewable color TFT (Thin-Film Transistor) display shows the setting parameters you need when you need them. Selected for its high-contrast performance and outdoor visibility, TFT is ideal for concert and open air festival venues. Flanked by high-precision, context-sensitive tactile encoders, the screen comes to life and immediately reports in high definition all adjustments applied to a wide range of parameters. Intelligent design puts control of vital functions such as Effects, Metering, Routing and much more 1 or 2 button presses away.
16 Breathtaking FX “Plug-Ins” Based on True Physical Modeling
We’ve added 16 new FX “Plug-Ins” to the X32, giving you access to a total of 50+ effects that would otherwise cost tens of thousands of dollars in hardware.
This new generation of high-end FX “Plug-Ins” is based on True Physical Modeling of classic audio hardware. We essentially “rebuilt” classic analog gear in the digital domain and included models of legendary processors such as Urei’s 1176*, Teletronix LA-2A* and Fairchild 670* compressors as well as the legendary Pultec* EQP- 1a and EQ5 equalizers etc. We also added a cutting-edge 5-band multiband compressor. Last but not least, the X32 can now run 4 studio-quality stereo reverbs together with 8 channels of 31-band graphic EQ. This allows you to replace your old outboard gear with a fully recallable onboard solution.
Gain Splitting and Remote Control for FOH and Monitoring
A new Gain Split mode separates channel gain (trim) from the head amp gain, allowing both the FOH and/or the monitor engineer to adjust local trim digitally – and independently of the preamp gain. Additionally, the new HA Gain Remote option allows console gains to be remotely controlled by an external console, such as when using the X32 RACK as a stage box.
MIDAS The Golden Preamp
X32’s input topology – mic preamps, programmable gain controls and A/D stages were designed by a dedicated engineering team at MIDAS, the company famous for their award-winning mic preamplifier designs. Conceived as a single, cohesive system, and built around premium A/D converters, this proprietary preamp design captures every nuance of your input signal – ensuring superb sonic performance. Gain setting is fully programmable and covers a total range of 72 dB, with a precision resolution of 0.5 dB per step. Accommodating a maximum input signal level of +23 dBu, X32 turns analog VRs and pad switches into ancient history.
Backing the analog input section are audiophile-quality Cirrus Logic multi-channel A/D converters, which boast a 114 dB dynamic range, ensuring impressively-low distortion and low- noise performance.
The S16 digital stage box closes the gap between stage and FOH (Front of House) by placing 16 fully-programmable, remotely controllable MIDAS Mic Preamps and 8 analog, balanced XLR returns at the stage end. Connecting over a single shielded (STP) CAT5 cable, up to three S16 stage boxes can be daisy-chained to deliver 48 channels in and 24 out to the stage. Dual AES50 ports on the X32 allow up to 96 input channels to be connected and routed in the same system.
- AES50 network ports featuring KLARK TEKNIK SuperMAC technology for ultra-low latency (in- ear compatible)
- Remote operation via shielded CAT5e cable up to 330 ft / 100 m length
- Dual AES50 ports, each for cascading up to three S16 units – no merger or router required
- Precise LED metering plus 7-segment displays for signal control on stage
- Phones output assignable to any of the inputs/outputs for on-stage monitoring
- Connectivity for BEHRINGER’s P16 Personal Monitoring System for in-ear applications
- Dual ADAT outputs for use in splitter mode and stand- alone digital multi-core applications
- MIDI in/out for bi-directional communication between FOH console and on-stage MIDI devices
In addition to the S16, a wide range of remote I/O options are available for the X32, such as the S32, SD16 and SD8 digital stage boxes – all of which feature the same high-end MIDAS Mic Preamps. For more information, please visit their respective web pages.