Blackmagic Mini Converter – SDI Multiplex 4K
This Mini Converter SDI Multiplex 4K from Blackmagic Design allows you to convert between Quad Link HD-SDI, Dual Link 3G-SDI, and Single Link 6G-SDI Ultra HD (UHD) signals. This is useful for connecting devices that use Quad and Dual Link UHD signals with those that use Single Link 6G signals. You can also convert between Dual Link HD-SDI 4:4:4 and Single Link 3G-SDI.
The output signal from the Mini Converter will have a matching resolution and frame rate as the input signal. Embedded SDI audio is sampled at 48kHz and 24-bit. When inputting a single SD or HD SDI signal, all four SDI outputs are active and pass through the incoming signal with no conversion. This also applies for 6G-SDI signals when no Dual Link or Quad Link conversion is selected. This lets you take a single SD/HD/6G-SDI signal and send it to four separate devices. For powering the Mini Converter, a 12V universal power supply comes included.
- Convert Between 4K and UHD SDI Signals
- Single Link 6G-SDI Input & Output
- Dual Link 3G-SDI Input & Output
- Quad Link HD-SDI Input & Output
- Automatic SD, HD, and 6G Switching
- Output Resolution Matches Input
- 48kHz 24-Bit Audio
- 4:2:2 and 4:4:4 RGB and YUV Support
- USB 2.0 Port for Updates
- 12V Universal Power Supply Included
- 6G-SDI Technology
- Features the latest 6G-SDI technology that operates at four times the data rate of normal HD-SDI.
- 4K and UHD SDI Conversions
- The Mini Converter allows you to convert between Quad Link HD-SDI, Dual Link 3G-SDI, and Single Link 6G-SDI Ultra HD (UHD) signals.
– Single Link 6G/3G to Dual Link 3G/1.5G
– Single Link 6G to Quad Link 1.5G
– Dual Link 3G/1.5G to Single Link 6G/3G
– Dual Link 3G to Quad Link 1.5G
– Quad Link 1.5G to Single Link 6G
– Quad Link 1.5G to Dual Link 3G
- Wide Format Support
- 6G-SDI is fully compatible with all SD, HD, and 6G-SDI equipment, so you can connect to all your existing equipment. A wide range of video resolutions are supported, including 4K 4096x2160p24 signals, Ultra HD 3840x2160p, 2K 2048x1080p, 1080p, 1080i, 720p, and SD in both NTSC and PAL. Resolution and frame rate of the output signal will match that of the input signal.
- Easy Settings Control
- Control Mini Converter settings using the DIP switches on the side of the device, or use the included Converter Utility software via the USB 2.0 connection. The Converter Utility software is also used to download and install firmware updates directly from Blackmagic Design’s website.
- Universal Power Supply & Cable Tie
- The 12V universal power supply comes with international plug adapters for all countries. A cable tie point is provided to secure the power supply connection, thus preventing any accidental power disruption.
- Additional Features
- 4:2:2 and 4:4:4 color precision in YUV and RGB color spaces
- Compliant with SMPTE 292M, SMPTE 259M, SMPTE 296M, SMPTE 372M, SMPTE 424M and SMPTE 425M standards