Why the Avantis?
Housed in a robust metal exoskeleton, Allen and Heath’ Avantis is an incredible digital mixing surface that combines the things you love about analog, with the power and flow of digital. It really is (unofficially) the 3rd class of dLive, being powered by the same 96kHz XCVI FPGA engine. Thus, it is the more affordable option to get that great Allen & Heath professional power. Unlike the dLive, the brains of the Avantis is in the actual console, with a host of I/O boxes being offered for expandability.
The brilliance is in the Avantis’ flexibility. It offers two large touchscreens with complete flexibility that allows two people to be woking on two different functions at the same time. It offers top sound engineers incredible tools to please their tech loving hearts, as well as offering the lowest touch workflow. Likewise, it can be configured to offer easy everyday use for volunteers. This makes it the ideal console for houses of worship. We recommend watching our full product review below to learn more about this incredible console!
Upgradable to Deep Processing!
Avantis can be loaded up with popular processing tools that run with no added latency. Includes Dyn8 (up to 16 instances), DEEP Compressors, Dual Stage Valve Preamp, and more models as they’re added. Trusted by platinum selling artists on sellout tours, DEEP puts incredible emulations directly within Avantis’ input and mix channels. No burning FX slots, no 3rd party gear hassles and no issues with latency or phase coherency. Avantis dPack also delivers Dyn8, a powerful and sophisticated processor boasting 4 bands of dynamic EQ and 4 bands of multiband compression. With endless applications including taming vocals, tightening sub-groups or adding sonic glue to a mix, Dyn8 changes the way we think about dynamic processing. dPack enables 16 Dyn8 engines for inserting on Input and Mix channels.
- 96kHz 64 channel / 42 bus digital mixer
- XCVI FPGA core with ultra-low latency (0.7ms)
- Fully configurable mix bus architecture
- Super-tough, full metal chassis
- Continuity UI seamlessly connects physical and touchscreen controls for the fastest, most intuitive workflows
- dPack option adds dLive processing, including 16 Dyn8 engines, plus per-channel zero-latency DEEP Compressors and Dual-Stage Valve preamp
- 12 RackExtra FX slots with dedicated stereo returns
- 16 DCAs
- Dual 15.6” Full HD capacitive touchscreens with gesture control
- AMM (Automatic Mic Mixer) up to 64 channels across 1, 2 or 4 zones
- Fully assignable layout
- 144 fader strips (24 faders, 6 layers) with optional dedicated master section
- SLink port for connection to Remote I/O Expanders and the ME Personal Mixing System
- 12 analogue XLR Inputs / 12 analogue XLR Outputs
- 1 Stereo AES In / 2 Stereo AES Out
- 2 I/O Ports, both capable of 128×128 operation at 96kHz – for optional cards inc. Dante, MADI and gigaACE
- User configurable rotary controls
- 24 assignable SoftKeys
- Comprehensive metering with multi-point peak detection
- USB stereo recording and playback
- BNC Word Clock
The power of dLive emanates from the XCVI Core – pioneered by the Allen & Heath R&D team using next generation FPGA technology, with parallel virtual processing cores generating enough power for 88×42 channels of processing at 96kHz sampling rate.
The massive power of XCVI (25 billion operations per second) allows Avantis to deliver 64 full processing inputs and 12 stereo FX returns, 42 bus with configurable mix architecture, variable bit depth for ultimate precision and noise performance, a virtually infinite mix headroom thanks to a 96bit accumulator, and class-leading latency at an ultra-low 0.7ms.
CONTINUITY UI | It’s your mix, so mix your way!
With a massive 206 square inches of screen space operating at a crisp 1080p Full HD resolution, Continuity UI allows you to see and instantly interact with more of what matters, enabling a seamless connection between the physical controls and the displays. The faders react on touch to immediately highlight the active channels for instant visual feedback. The channel rotaries let you work gains or pans, then at the touch of a button, dynamically fold the display to show EQ or compressor parameters across the whole bank.
Each screen also features a FastGrab tab on the right-hand side, giving you split-second access to key freely-assignable parameters like aux sends, EQ, compressor and FX on the currently selected or specific channel. The whole system is set up to dynamically surface the information you need at any moment and put control right at your fingertips.