How It Works
The SM7dB has a built-in Shure-designed preamp, giving it enough oomph to work with any XLR interface. Providing up to +28 dB of gain, the preamp preserves the mic’s frequency response for that iconic sound. All you need is an interface or mixer offering +48V of phantom power to operate the preamp. Don’t need the preamp? Flick the switch to the left to “bypass” and get original SM7B performance.
Why It’s Better
All the gain you need.
The sound you always wanted.
Boost, or no boost.
Quality that’s in the Details
Shure engineers have painstakingly ensured that it has the same sound signature as the original SM7B.
Whether you’ve activated the preamp or not, you’ll get the same great detail in your recordings from a proven dynamic cartridge and frequency range of 50 to 20,000Hz.
Hear all the highs and lows for truly natural-sounding audio.
The SM7dB includes a custom Shure-designed built-in preamp with technology licensed from Cloud. The preamp has been created from the ground up and tuned by Shure’s expert engineers specifically for the SM7dB to ensure the iconic SM7 sound is able to live on inside the SM7dB; unchanged, unaltered and here to stay for generations to come.
Built-in Preamp, Built on Legacy.
The SM7dB is a dynamic vocal microphone with built-in preamp providing up to +28 dB of low-noise, flat, transparent gain ideal for almost any interface and simplified audio chains.
- Selectable preamp boost of either +18dB or +28dB of extra gain
- Flat, wide-range frequency response for exceptionally clean and natural reproduction of both music and speech
- Preamp bypass switch deactivates the preamp to revert to original SM7B performance
- Bass roll-off and mid-range emphasis (presence boost) EQ controls
- Superior rejection of electromagnetic hum, optimized for shielding against broadband interference emitted by computer monitors
- Internal “air suspension” shock isolation virtually eliminates mechanical noise transmission
- Highly effective pop filter eliminates need for any add-on protection against explosive breath sounds, even for close-up vocals or narration
- Yoke mounting with captive stand nut for easy mounting and dismounting provides precise control of microphone position
- Classic cardioid polar pattern, uniform with frequency and symmetrical about axis, to provide maximum rejection and minimum coloration of off-axis sound
- Rugged construction and excellent cartridge protection for outstanding reliability
In The Box
- 1 SM7dB
- 1 Close-Talk Windscreen
- 1 3/8” Thread Adapter