SYSTEM PROGRAM VERSION 3.0
The Ver.3.0 update enhances workflows and expands control.
The V-60HD can capture stills directly from PGM. Additional frame-rate support on SDI inputs includes 60p, 30p, 25p, 24p and 23.98p. Take control of even more PTZ cameras over IP using universal VISCA protocols. Analog Audio input 1-6 can is assignable to AUX output.
Corporate event production is the fastest growing live event space with companies hosting town halls, meetings, trainings, new product announcements, both in person and streaming.
- The V-60HD is portable and small enough to be used in multiple locations in an office or outside meeting location.
- The four SDI inputs and two HDMI inputs are perfect for switching cameras and computers at the same time for dynamic presentations.
- Not all cameras support full 1080p so the de-interlacer on the SDI inputs allows allows you to mix and match 1080i and 1080p SDI video sources multiple camera without external converters.
- Audio is easier to mix than ever before using the V-60HD’s auto mixing function that will automatically balance audio levels from multiple microphones and video sources freeing up the operator to focus on switching the video for the event.
Video communication helps improve the effectiveness of education when used for streaming lectures, assemblies, distance learning, sports, live performances or theater productions.
- Multi destination outputs include Program, Preview and AUX buses and make it easy to send the main output to the primary screen or live stream and presenter notes to a presenter’s monitor.
- Audio auto-mixing automatically adjusts audio level based on weighting ensuring even levels for the room mix, presenter to send to recording, live stream or in-room speakers.
- Educators can use the multi-channel audio embed function to record 8 discreet audio channels to an SDI video recorder to fix audio issues in later editing or separate multi-language audio sources post event.
- The V-60HD’s user interface is easy for students, novices and can be controlled remotely through the LAN port using Roland’s Remote-Control Software from PC or Mac.
- For fixed installations, the V-60HD can be remotely controlled through the RS-232 port using touch panel interfaces making it easy to control functions.
The V-60HD is ideal for multiscreen environments usually found in churches, conference centers, hotels, and trade show facilities where different content needs to be switched to independent screens.
- The dedicated Aux buttons make switching to a second destination as easy as switching to the main screen
- A newly designed wireless tally system for iOS and Android devices makes for smoother events by providing tally that helps talent and camera operators identify which camera is current selected for program and which camera will be switched to next.
- Auto-Scan (Ver.2.0), integrated audio inputs and advanced effects including Auto-Mixing and powerful dynamics make the V-60HD an ideal streaming mixer solution to remix stems from an audio console and adjusted for broadcast.
Professional user interface
Professional broadcast cross point buttons with PGM/PST LED color indicators. Rugged T-Bar, DSK quick edit knobs for key level and gain. Two dedicated PinP and Split buttons with knobs for center framing of Split and PinP placement. Change transition type using either mix or two preset wipe buttons with dedicated transition dissolve time knob. Front panel 3-inch LCD display with quick access menu navigation to adjust switcher parameters.
The V-60HD includes a DSK (downstream keyer), Picture-in-Picture (PinP), Split composition effects ideal for creating news style broadcasts and corporate presentations. PinP window shapes include rectangle, circle, heart and diamond patterns to add a special touch to special events. Cropping of PinP and adjusting of SPLIT center portion (Ver.2.0) are suitable for composition of vertically long screen of smart phone.
The DSK can be used for overlaying titles, song lyrics, logos or graphics coming from the video sources with up to three layers of composition. The DSK supports both Luminance Keying (Black/White) and Chroma Keying (Blue/Green) for compositing two video sources plus the additional layer of PinP plus your background video ensuring creative live production environments.
Live streams, HD recording, and confidence monitors often have different visual needs from the main program output. Switch any of the connected input sources to any of the four SDI or HDMI outputs without affecting the main PGM destination. AUX Linked PGM enables AUX output to synchronize with the Program (PGM) output.
V-60HD can preview all six video inputs and two still images, PGM and PVW to a single preview monitor via the Multi-view output. In addition, you can display the menu on the Multi-view display, so you make setting changes without changing your focus from the preview display. From Ver.2.0, exchanging PGM and PVW window and editing label name of IN1 to 6 are possible.
The V-60HD features an 18-channel audio mixer which includes four XLR/TRS Combo jacks with 48v phantom power, RCA stereo Pair, plus audio de-embed from the six video inputs.
A built-in effects library added from Ver 2.5 is packed with presets for common production scenarios including interviews, ambient sound recording, and eliminated wind noise when recording at field. Anyone can easily set up without audio knowledge.
Audio Mixer with preamp and dynamics (compressor)
The V-60HDs’ preamp and dynamics effects include a high-pass filter, gate, compressor, a 3-band EQ and delay. Anyone without audio knowledge can run sound thanks to the built-in effect’s library packed with presets for common production scenarios including interviews, ambient sound recording and elimination of “pops” & wind noise.
Allowing the AV operator to focus on video switching, the onboard intelligence automatically crafts the perfect mix for conferences and panel talks.
The included Auto-Mixing function ensures the correct mix for multiple panel participants at conferences by automatically adjusting levels across multiple audio sources. A priority weighting assignment that is channel specific can be set giving the moderator or priority audio channel a higher volume level while using the Auto-Mixing function allowing the operator to focus on video switching and production.
Discreet Multi-Channel Audio Embedding
Assign up to eight analog audio inputs a separate audio embed channel on SDI 1 and 2 outputs to ensure a separate mix pre-effect (dry) or post effect (wet) for correcting audio problems post live event. This feature is additionally useful for multi-language events to record the voice-over or language translation on its own audio channel to a separate master.
Roland’s innovative Smart Tally wireless tally system strengthens camera operator confidence and ends the hassle of custom made tally cable harnesses. Configured using standard IP protocols, Smart Tally turns smartphones, tablets, computers or ANY web browser into a fully functioning tally light including GREEN for Preview and RED for Program.
Extending the V-60HD’s audio mixer with outboard USB control surfaces is an economical alternative to using a dedicated full-size audio mixer. 3rd party USB MIDI control devices are instantly recognizable by Mac and Windows PCs including the V-60HD Remote Control Software.
MULTI PTZ & REMOTE CAMERA CONTROL
When LAN based PTZ cameras are called into action, take control using the V-60HD or powerful RCS. Seamlessly integrate JVC, Panasonic, Sony, PTZOPtics, Avonic and VISCA compatible professional pan-tilt-zoom (PTZ) robotic cameras to streamline workflow without the need for a dedicated controller. For a gaming-like experience, pick up a USB gamepad and conquer a team of PTZ cameras. Instincts will guide the way as cameras Pan, Tilt and Zoom effortlessly on the action.
The RCS can connect to certain Canon handheld camcorders via LAN connection. Start & stop recording and tally light is supported.